DPNSEE and Trimbos Institute hosted the Webinar “Drug Policy evaluations: opportunities to support inclusive, effective and evidence-based public policy” on Wednesday 10 February 2021. The aim of the Webinar was to provide information on drug policy evaluation as an effective instrument to guide, manage and support effective policies and services.
The Webinar included an introduction on drug policy evaluations and presentations on approach and methods and experiences from the evaluations performed in Croatia and Cyprus. Discussions in three separate discussion rooms followed on different segments of a policy/strategy cycle.
More than 90 representatives of governmental organisations, both on national and local level, academia, civil society organisations, coming from 31 countries, and international organisations participated.
The presentations from the Conference are ready to download:
- Introduction to drug policy evaluation: Liesbeth Vandam, European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction following this link>>>
- Drug Policy evaluations: approach and methods: John-Peter Kools, Trimbos Institute following this link>>>
- Drugs policy evaluation – experience and benefits: Sanja Mikulić, Head, Service for combating drugs abuse, Croatian Institute of Public Health, Croatia following this link>>>
- Online opportunities: Daan van der Gouwe, Trimbos Institute following this link>>>
- Experiences from online/hybrid evaluation: Chrysantos Georgiou, Cyprus following this link>>>.
The Drug Policy Network South East Europe and Trimbos Institute invite you to participate in the webinar that will provide information on drug policy evaluation as an effective instrument to guide, manage and support effective policies and services. The Webinar is supported by the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction and the European Civil Society Forum on Drugs.
The Webinar will present an insight on how various actors can contribute to a process of monitoring and evaluation of drug policies and can benefit from. It will:
- showcase the benefits of drug policy evaluations
- provide examples of recent regional drug policy (e.g. Croatia, Cyprus)
- provide opportunities of online evaluations
The webinar may serve as a source of inspiration to support all those involved process of building better drug policies. It is especially suitable for regional drug policy makers, regional civil society groups, European and other interested participants.
The Plenary introductions will include:
- Introduction on drug policy evaluations
- Drug Policy evaluations: approach and methods
- Benefits from independent evaluation
- Online opportunities
- Experiences from online/hybrid evaluation.
Three parallel breakout sessions will follow on What is needed to prepare a national drug policy?, How to monitor progress? and How to learn from and improve policies?
The Webinar will be held via Zoom at the following link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86598224178 on Wednesday 10 February 2021 starting at 14:00 CET. The Webinar will last for 120 minutes.
As the number of participants is limited, please register by Monday 8 February using the form attached here>>>.