Harm Reduction International, an NGO dedicated to reducing the negative health, social and legal impacts of drug use and drug policy, publishes report that provides an independent analysis of harm reduction in the world. Now in it’s the seventh edition, the Global State of Harm Reduction 2020 is the most comprehensive global mapping of harm reduction responses to drug use, HIV and viral hepatitis.
The 2020 report includes:
- A chapter which looks at the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and related lockdowns on the provision of harm reduction services worldwide
- Additional thematic chapters on hepatitis C and tuberculosis
- Examples of progress in harm reduction from across the world
- Examples of legal and policy changes which impact harm reduction service provision
- Foreword by Dr Tlaleng Mofokeng, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health
- Data on the number of people who inject drugs and the number of people in prison for drug use globally
The report can be downloaded and read in full or by chapter following this link>>>.
DPNSEE have prepared a table with information on Epidemiology of HIV and viral hepatitis, and harm reduction response in South East Europe.
The document is available in PDF format following this link>>>.