The Graduate Institute of the Global Health Centre in Geneva hosts the Global Health and Drug Policy Executive Course from 11 to 13 October 2021. The Course participants are about to benefit from the course:
- Gain insight into the key concepts and current issues related to the international drug control regime and its intersection with public health and human rights
- Identify the different stakeholders of the current drug policy debate and international processes
- Prioritize public health based approaches to drug policy at national level.
They will enhance their skills on
- Critical thinking – Strengthen stakeholders mapping skills for better analysis of the different roles of Geneva and Vienna- based agencies in international processes
- Introduction to negotiating skills – Negotiate and influence the design and the implementation of drugs policies nationally and internationally
This year’s hybrid course is highly participatory, drawing on the national and international experiences of participants through a multi-disciplinary learning process. It includes lectures by internationally-renowned experts and negotiators, case studies, and working groups. A negotiation simulation exercise will complement the learning experience.