CIVICUS – a global alliance of civil society organisations and activists dedicated to strengthening citizen action and civil society throughout the world, published “Protecting our co-workers during COVID-19: A Social Security Protocol for Civil Society”. It includes a set of social protection measures that civil society organisations can consider to protect our colleagues from the adverse economic and psychosocial consequences of the pandemic.
Based on the International Labours Organisation’s policy framework to fight coronavirus, the six-point protocol provides a shared template for civil society groups to deliberate context-specific measures and adopt feasible actions in a time-bound and transparent manner. The proposed measures are:
- Systems to ensure physical distancing and other precautions.
- Support for COVID-19 testing and related treatment.
- Protection of jobs and pay across the COVID-19 lockdown and escalation period.
- Flexibility and support for home and care related responsibilities.
- Extending our community of care to our collaborators and constituencies.
- Acting in solidarity with workers and other vulnerable communities.
DPNSEE have signed the Protocol.
Should your organisation like to do the same, find the Protocol following this link>>>